How Friendly Fukuoka has been treating me lately

The first semester at Kyushu University has finished so I am officially halfway through my exchange year here. Time really flies. I haven't posted in a while. I have been busy with joining a Japanese laboratory and writing my bachelor paper. But besides that I have of course been traveling around as well and there are many interesting things to tell you all.
Here's just a taste of what I've been doing; meeting my host family, spending christmas in Korea with my laboratorium, going to the post-apocalyptic island of Gunkanjima, doing two presentations about my bachelor paper, first time visit to Bali, staying in a temple on Koyasan, seeing a maiko performance in Kyoto, braving the crowds in Universal Studios Japan, snorkeling, holding back tears at the Atomic Bomb Museum of Nagasaki, staring at the gorgeous sea of Okinawa, shopping fukubukuro in Tokyo and much much more.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I am doing great. Friendly Fukuoka is still as friendly as ever.
From now on I will update you guys a little bit more with that I have been doing. A post about a camping trip in Kyushu has been waiting for a few weeks to be posted so that one will be up first.





Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment